Green Moong dal Dhirde or Green Moong dal Chila also known as green moong dal/green gram dosa or pan cakes which are prepared similarly like our regular dosa. This recipe contains green moong dal/green gram as its main ingredients.It is especially a snacks and breakfast dish widely popular in Andhra Pradesh as Pesarattu and in Maharashtra as Hirvya Moongache Dhirde.Its one of the healthy dish which is rich in proteins,high in fibre and has low calorie..It is a healthier,nutritious,lighter and wholesome option for breakfast.
There are different types of variations in which dosa/dhirde can be prepared like,
- Besan Dhirde
- Rava Dosa
- Tomato-Besan Dhirde
- Mix Dal Dosa
- Masala Dosa
- Plain Uttapam
- Onion-Tomato Uttapam
- Tandalache Ghavan/Rice Flour Dhirde
- Upwasache Dhirde
If you have made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram,Facebook,Youtube,Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on Youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
Watch Video On Youtube
GREEN MOONG-DAL DHIRDE | GREEN MOONG DAL CHILA | GREEN MOONG DAL DOSA
course : snacks,breakfast
cuisine : indian
prep : overnight
cook : 20 minutes
total : overnight+20 minutes
servings : 4
author : suchita pradeep
- 1 cup green moong dal/green gram
- ¼ cup rice flour (optional)
- 1 tbsp besan/chick-peas flour(optional)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
- 5-6 green chillies
- ½ inch ginger
- Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
STEP BY STEP METHOD OF PREPARING GREEN MOONG-DAL DHIRDE | GREEN MOONG DAL CHILA | GREEN MOONG DAL DOSA
- Soak the green moong dal/ green gram overnight.
- Next day morning drain the excess of water from the dal.
- Grind the dal in mixer to a fine paste like we do for dosa batter.
- In a bowl take the grinded moong dal batter and to it add the rice flour and besan.
- To this mixture add the grinded paste of chillies,ginger and jeera.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves and salt to taste.
- Mix the batter properly.
- Adjust the consistency of the batter by adding water.
- The consistency should be like dosa batter.
- Heat the tawa and pour the batter onto the tawa and spread it in circular motion into a thin layer like dosa.
- Cover dhirde with the lid so that it cooks properly.
- Add oil on either side and flip it and again add oil to the dhirde.
- Cook till it gets cook nicely from both sides.
- Your Green Moong-dal dhirde is ready to serve.
- Eat it with Coconut Chutney or Fresh Curd or tomato sauce.