Recipe of Sev bhaji Easy method of preparing with detailed step by step photos and video.A combination of spicy curry and fried besan sev soaked in it.A very popular curry recipe prepared in almost all Maharashtrian homes.
Recipe of sev bhaji is the most popular dish.It is a unique combination of spicy gathiya or lasun sev or tikhat sev and curry made from spicy Maharshtrian kala masala.It is easily available in local farsaan marts.It served with roti or chapati and rice.
Preparation sev or shev
Preparing sev at home is not hard job.Will soon post the recipe of sev.But when you are short of time it is easily available at local farsan marts.
Preparation of curry or gravy
The preparation of curry varies as per the region.Like the authentic khandeshi shev bhaji has roasted onions,dry coconut and the authentic khandeshi garam masala.They don’t add tomatoes to the gravy.If you are short of time then this second method too works.Like add finely chopped onions and tomatoes with ginger garlic paste.Then just add the available masala’s and your curry for the bhaji is ready.
But here I am making it in dhaba style.It has a extra spicy touch from the extra whole spices added.In this type first whole spices are added and then onions,tomatoes,dry coconut along with ginger-garlic,raw coriander seeds,poppy seeds,homemade garam masala,chilli powder and kasuri methi are added.Finally a touch of fresh cream is given so that the curry gets a smooth texture.
This spicy curry of sev bhaji really tastes awesome.If you want to reduce the spice level skip the addition of whole spices.
Addition of sev to the curry
Keep the curry ready at the time of serving the sev or else it will get soft if soaked for long time in curry.
For more Maharashtrian recipes just click on the recipe links below ;
If you have made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on Youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
Watch Youtube Video Of Recipe of Sev bhaji :
Step by step method of preparing Recipe of Sev bhaji
- Heat up pan or kadhai on medium flame.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to the pan.
- Now add all whole spices to the oil and saute on low flame.
- Next add diced onions and saute.
- Add diced tomatoes,ginger,garlic cloves,coriander seeds.
- Fry on medium flame till onion gets caramelized.
- Add sliced dry coconut to the pan.
- Remove the mixture into a plate and let it get cool down.
- After cooling transfer the mixture into the blender jar and blend to a fine paste.
- Add minimum water while blending if required.
- Again heat up oil in the kadhai or pan.
- Add pinch of hing to the oil.
- Add the blended masala to the pan.
- Add red chilli powder,garam masala and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add red chilli powder as per your taste.
- Fry the masala on low flame till it releases oil.
- Now add 3-4 tbsp of fresh cream or malai to the masala mix.Addition of cream gives a smooth texture and richness to the curry.
- Mix up the cream nicely.
- Now add ware as per the consistency you want.
- Add salt as per your taste.
- Let the curry simmer on medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Now add crushed kasuri methi.
- Add chopped coriander leaves.
- Cook the curry for next 5 minutes.
- Now turn off the gas and add the sev.
- Let the sev soak for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- Your Dhaba Style Sev Bhaji is ready to eat.
- Serve it hot with bajra bhakri or chapati or rice.