Garlic Sev Recipe is a popular Indian snack.It is a spirally coiled like noodles made from chick pea flour/gram flour/besan ( बेसन ) which is seasoned with some aromatic Indian masalas.It is a popular dish which is prepared in every house during the festival of diwali.
It can be prepared in different variants like garlic sev,palak sev,aloo bhujiya,tomato sev,bikaneri sev,etc.Here I am showing the recipe of garlic sev.
Celebrate this festive season with this delicious preparation of garlic sev and share your feedback with us in the comment section below.
Also try more such recipes on this blog ;
If you have made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on Youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
Garlic Sev Recipe / How to make garlic sev at home
course : snacks
cuisine : indian
prep : 20 minutes
cook : 20 minutes
total : 40 minutes
servings : 4
author : suchita pradeep satpute
(1 CUP = 200 ML)
- 2 cups Besan ( बेसन )
- 2 tbsp Oil (heated to smoking point)
- 2 tsp Chilli powder ( लाल तिखट )
- 1 tsp Carom seeds ( ओवा )
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds ( जिरा )
- 10-15 Cloves of garlic ( लसून पाकळ्या )
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying.
FOR PREPARING THE SEV DOUGH :
- First grind the garlics,carom seeds and cumin seeds to a very fine paste.Add water while grinding if required.(if the paste is not grinded fine it will create problem during making of sev because the coarse particles will not pass through the holes of maker machine.)
- Filter this paste with the help of colander(गाळणी).
- Take the gram flour/besan in a bowl and to it add above prepared paste,chilli powder,salt and mix it well.
- Now in another bowl heat 2 tbsp of oil to smoking point ( कडकडीत तापवणे ) and immediately add this oil to the above flour mixture.
- Let the oil get cooler and then mix the oil and the besan mixture with the help of your hands evenly.
- Add the water to the flour slowly and make a smooth and soft dough.( Don’t make the dough flowy )
- Now cover the dough with wet cloth and keep it aside for 10-15 minutes.
FOR MAKING THE SEV :
- Here I have chosen the disc for making the sev with the thinnest holes (बारीक छिद्र्यांची चकती).You can choose as per your choice.
- Brush the sev maker machine with oil from inside so that the dough doesn’t sticks to the sev maker.
- Now add the dough into the sev maker
- Keep oil for heating in a pan/kadhai.
- Once the oil gets heated press the sev with the help of sev maker.
- Move the sev maker in circular motion over the oil.
- Now fry the sev on medium flame.
- After properly frying remove it on a tissue paper so that excess oil gets absorbed.
- Your crispy garlic sev is ready to eat.
- This sev can be stored in an air tight container for a month long.