Chakli bhajni is a mix of various types of lentils that are roasted and then grounded to fine powder.It is prepared in various parts of India in different style.In this recipe we are preparing the bhajni in maharashtrian style.So lets prepare for our chakli bhajni.
CHAKLI BHAJNI | चकली भाजणी
course : snacks
cuisine : maharashtrian
roast time : 30-40 minutes
servings : makes 1/2 kg flour from given measurements
author : suchita pradeep
- 2 cups Rice ( तांदूळ )
- 1 cup Chana dal ( हरभरा दाळ)
- 1/2 cup Moong dal ( मुग डाळ )
- 1/2 cup Urad dal ( उडीद डाळ )
- 1/2 cup Sabudana/Sago ( साबुदाणा )
- 1/4 cup flattened rice/poha ( पोहे )
- 2 tbsp Cumin seeds ( जिरा )
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds ( धने )
- Wash all the grains seaparately and then dry them in shade separtely.
- Roast ( भाजणे ) each grains separately in a pan or kadhai till it becomes light in weight.
- See that you don’t burn them.You have to roast them on medium flame.
- The process of roasting is a bit time consuming.
- Now let the roasted grains cool down.
- After cooling mix all the roasted grains and grind ( दळणे ) them into a fine powder.
- Your chakli bhajni is ready.You can prepare delicious and crispy chakli from this bhajni.
- You dont’t have to use oil for roasting the grains.It has to be roasted dry.
- Roast the grains on medium flame only.