Aam Panna Concentrate | Kairiche Panhe | Raw Mango Panna Recipe is a popular summer drink from Maharashtra.It is made up from kairi i.e. raw mango pulp and is flavoured with a dash of roasted cumin powder,black salt,cardamom powder and sugar to balance the sourness of raw mango… It tastes sour and sweet.
It really keeps the body cool in hot summer’s also quenches once thirst.It prevents the body from heat stroke.It is good for your stomach problems in summer’s as it is good for digestion.
A very easy and affordable drink which can be made easily within few ingredients and time.It is a nutritious and healthy drink for hot summer’s..
So let’s start with this recipe…
If you have made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on Youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
WATCH VIDEO ON YOUTUBE :
Aam Panna Concentrate | Kairiche Panhe | Raw Mango Panna Recipe
course : beverages,drinks
cuisine : maharashtrian
prep : 15 minutes
cook : 10 minutes
total : 25 minutes
servings : 15-20 glass
author : suchita pradeep satpute
- 3 medium sized Raw Mangoes / Kairi
- Sugar double the amount of mango pulp ( pulp i.e. obtained from boiling of raw mangoes ) also the amount of sugar depands on the sourness of raw mangoes.
- 1 tsp roasted Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder
- 1 tsp Black Salt ( can add more as per your taste )
- 1/2 tsp Cardomom Powder
- 1 cup Water
Step By Step Method Of Preparing Aam Panna Concentrate | Kairiche Panhe | Raw Mango Panna Recipe
Preparation Of Aam Panhe Concentrate
- Wash the raw mangoes nicely first.
- Now peel of the skin with the help of slicer from the raw mangoes.
- In a pressure cooker place these mangoes.
- Add 1 cup of water to the mangoes.
- Pressure cook them to 3-4 whistles.
- After pressure cooking let it get cool.
- Remove the excess water in another bowl…Can be used whole making panhe…
- Remove the boiled mangoes in the plate.
- Let them get cool down.
- Remove the pulp from the mangoes.
- Throw away the seed.
- Measure the amount of pulp obtained.
- Here in this recipe I got about 2 full cups of pulp.
- So I had added the double amount of sugar i.e. 4 cups…Also the sugar addition depends on the sourness of the mangoes.
- In a mixer grinder add the sugar.
- Grind it to a fine powder.
- Add the mango pulp to the sugar.
- Again grind both of them to a fine paste.
- The paste should be very fine.
- Remove the paste into the bowl.
- Add roasted cumin powder,cardamom powder and black salt to the paste.
- Give it a nice mix.
- Your paste for Aam Panhe Concentrate is ready.
Preparation Of Aam Panhe
- Now in a glass add 2 -3 tsp of the paste.
- Dilute it with the water.
- Mix everything properly wit the help of spoon.
- Your Aam Panhe or Kairiche Panhe is ready.
- Serve it cool with ice cubes and cold water.
RECIPE NOTE :
- Always use raw mangoes that are sour / khatta / आंबट to taste.
- Use the raw mangoes that are not fibrous.
- If the mangoes have fibres then you will have to strain the pulp to remove the fibres from the mango pulp.
- You can directly boil the mangoes or peel of the skin and then boil.I preffered peeling of the skin.
- The amount of sugar addition depands on the amount of pulp obtained.
- The standard proportion I preffer is 1:2 i.e. the amount of sugar added is double the amount of pulp obtained.
- Sugar addition can also be adjusted as per the sourness of raw mangoes.
- You can also add the jaggery instead of sugar.The amount of jaggery addition is same as that of sugar.
- You can also add fresh mint leaves.
- This pulp can be stored in freezer for 6-7 days.