Khada masala is nothing but the combination of few indian spices like black pepper,cloves,cinnamon sticks,bay leaves,star anaise,shahi jeere and cardamom.All these spices are grounded to powder in mixer grinder.Here for khada masala we don’t roast the spices…They are to be taken in their raw form only for the strong flavours.
These spices have a very fresh aroma and also gives a fresh flavours when added to any dish.These can be used in any type of punjabi dish or maharashtrian dish instead of garam masala or can be added for extra flavour with the garam masala’s.
These combination is generally in their whole form in many types of pulav’s,biryani’s… But I many a times use the khada masala powder only….
I always prepare it fresh whenever I need it for any dish….You can increase the quantity of the ingredients and store it in airtight container also.
- 5-6 black peppers
- 3-4 cloves
- 5-6 green cardamom / 2-3 black cardamom (use any one of these)
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 1 tsp shahi jeera / black cumin
- 2-3 star anaise
- 1-2 small sticks of cinnamon
- Take all these spices in a mixer jar.
- Grind them to a fine powder.
- Please do not roast them…They are to be taken in their raw form only.
- Your Khada masala powder is ready.
- Use it fresh whenever you want to prepare any spicy dish for that extra spicy flavour and aroma…