Thalipeeth bhajni is generally a mix of different types of grains and pulses grinded to powder.It not only have nutritious benefits but also is healthy food option for breakfast,tiffin boxes….By mixing different varieties of vegetables to the bhajni flour we can prepare variety of thalipeeths.For those who hate vegetables like bottle gourd,methi(fenugreek),cabbage etc.it’s a good option to mix these vege’s and serve them.
You can prepare varieties of thalipeeth/thevla from this thalipeeth bhajni,
- 500 gms – Jower (ज्वारी )
- 250 gms – Wheat (गहु )
- 250 gms – Rice ( तांदुळ )
- 3/4 cup – Split chickpeas / split Bengal gram ( चना डाळ )
- 1/2 cup – Yellow moong dal ( मूग डाळ)
- 1/4 cup – White urad dal ( पांढरी उडीद डाळ )
- 1/4 cup – Sago ( साबुदाणा )
- 1 cup – Flattened rice ( पोहे )
- 1/4 cup – Coriander seeds ( धने )
- 2 tbspoon – Cumin seed ( जिरे )
- Carom seeds ( ओवा ) as per taste.
- Heat the pan.
- Dry roast each item given above one by one separately on medium flame.
- Roast till the grain changes the colour and becomes crisp.
- Each item may take about 8-10 minutes to roast.
- After the roasting is finished let all items get cooled down.
- Mix them well and grind it to powder.
- Your thalipeeth bhajni flour is ready.
- You can mix your favourite vegetables like grated bottle gourd thalipeeth,methi thalipeeth ( मेथी ),tomatoes thalipeeth ( टोमॅटो ),cabbage thalipeeth (पत्ता कोबी ),etc. to the bhajni flour and make varieties of thalipeeth.