Patwadi/Pataudi Rassa Bhaji is an authentic maharashtrian dish.Its generally a blend of patwadi and cut rassa.Here patwadi is made up of besan flour(chick pea flour) and cut in diamond shape and rassa /cut is a gravy with which these wadi’s are served.
FOR PATWADI :
- 2 cups of besan (chick pea flour)
- 3-4 green chillies / 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 4-6 garlic cloves (लसुण )
- 1/2 tspoon of cumin seed (जिरा )
- Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbspoon of cooking oil
FOR CUT / RASSA :
- 2 sliced fried onions
- 1/4 cup sliced dry fried coconut
- 1/4 tspoon poppy seed (खस-खस)
- 1/4 tspoon sesame seeds (तिळ)
- 6-7 garlic cloves ( लसुण )
- 1/2 inch ginger (आलं )
- 1 tspoon garam masala
- 1/2 tspoon coriander power (धना- पावडर)
- 2 tspoon red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbspoon vegetable oil.
FOR PREPARING PATWADI :
- Take chillies,garlic and jeera and make a fine paste.
- In a pan pour 1 tbspoon of oil.
- To it add the above prepared paste.
- Saute the mix.
- Now add water and heat till the water comes to boil.
- Now add the besan flour to the boiling water .
- Mix the besan in proper way so that no lumps are formed .
- Let the mix get cook for next 10-15 minutes.
- Take a plate and grease it with oil.
- Put the besan mix in the greased plate and tap the mix with wet hands.(You have to tap the hot mixture don’t let it get cool.)
- Flattened the mix evenly.
- Let it get cool.
- Now cut the wadi’s in proper size.
- Garnish it with coriander.
(You can also garnish it with shredded coconut.)
FOR PREPARING CUT / RASSA :
- Grind the fried onions ,fried coconut,roasted sesame seeds and poppy seeds,garam masala,chilly powder, coriander powder ,garlic and ginger altogether in a mixture.
- Make a fine paste of all above ingredients.
- Now add oil to the pan and put the above grinded paste in it.
- Roast it well till the paste leaves the oil.
- Now add salt to taste.
- Add required amount of water to the paste.
- Let the gravy boil for next 10-15 minute.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Your patwadi rassa / cut is ready to serve.
- Serve the dish with patwadi and cut rassa….
- You can eat it with chapati or bhakri or rice.
Serve the patwadi’s separately with cut/rassa (gravy) because if you dip it in the gravy and then serve,the gravy will get thick.
Posted in: Authentic dishes