Stuffed brinjal is generally a dish where masala is stuffed in the brinjals (egg plant) and then cooked.If you are not a lover of brinjals this is a dish which you can try for.
- 3-4 Brinjals (egg plant)
- 2 small fried onions
- 1/4 cup fried sliced coconut
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 6-7 garlic cloves
- 1 tspoon til (sesame seeds)
- 1 tspoon garam masala
- 1 tspoon coriander powder
- 1 tspoon red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbspoon vegetable oil
- Coriander for garnishing.
- Heat the pan and fry the sliced onions to brown colour,fry sliced coconut and til (sesame seeds).
- First grind the fried onions,garlic cloves,ginger together.
- Now to it add fried coconut,garam masala, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt and grind the mixture.(Do not add water to the paste.)
- Slit the brinjals vertically into four parts keeping the bottoms intact.
- Now sprinkle coriander leaves on the stuffing masala.
- Fill the grinded stuffing into the brinjals tightly.
- Heat the pan and warm the oil.
- Add stuffed brinjals to the oil.
- Saute it properly and cover with lid to next 5 minutes.
- Now add little water to the pan so as to cook the brinjals.(Add a little water only ,so that brinjals get cooked properly.)
- Cook till the brinjals gets tenderly cooked.
- Your stuffed brinjal is ready.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot with Chapati or Bhakri…..
Posted in: Gravy's & Curry's