Coconut kheer is a healthy and delicious sweet dish.Eaten with puri or chapati .
- Coconut – 1 cup
- Rice – 1/4 cup
- Sugar as per taste
- Milk – 1 litre
- Ghee – 2 tbspoon
- Cardamon powder for flavouring.
- Kaju, badam and piste for decoration.
- Wash the rice with water and let it drain aside.
- In a pan add 1/2 tspoon of ghee and now roast the drained rice in it .
- Now grind the fried rice coarsely.
- Also grind the sliced coconut separately.
- Add water to the coconut if required.
- Now add remaining ghee to the pan.
- To it add coarsely grinded rice and saute it .
- Add some water to cook the rice.
- Now add the coconut mixture to the pan.
- Mix both well.
- Now add warm milk to the mixture to obtain required consistency.
- Take care that lumps are not formed.
- Let the mixture cook for next 25-30 minutes.
- After that add cardamon powder for flavouring.
- Your Coconut kheer is ready.
- Garnish the kheer with shredded kaju and badam.
Posted in: Sweet dishes